While I was thinking about Darcey and how big and grown-up she is getting I thought I would put some comparasion pictures from her 1st day of school. It is hard to believe that this is her 5th year of school and that we have been doing this for so long, it is just so routine and normal. She really loves school and it is such a blessing that we live in a country where you can get into trouble for not sending your kids to school, instead of not even having a school available or close by. The public education that the government provides really is excellent, and we are blessed that she is able to go to a wonderful school that has lots of funding and more in-house and extra-curricular activites than you could shake a stick at. One of my visiting teachers was telling me at her children's primary school because it is so small they get little funding from the government, the P & C had to decide whether to give the children art or music classes cause they couldn't afford both!! Darcey gets to do both and has also been learning Italian since Pre-Primary, it is just part of the structure for all years. It is a huge school with 720 kids this year.
This year we really lucked out and got a FANTASTIC teacher. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about her and I must say on meeting her she just seems lovely. Darcey absolutely adores her and it is only day 2. The kids in her class this year turned out to be a really good mix too. With 4 classes for each year level they really manage to split them up well every year, so she has been in previous classes with most of the children.
Darcey's 1st day of kindy 2004
Before the walk to Tranby. She went to Tranby Aboriginal Primary School for 3 terms before we moved and got the only remaining spot in the Kindy at her current school, someone had left the school at the end of term 3...
Darcey Year 3 2009
When I was looking for pictures I found this gorgeous little video that Craig took on Darcey's 1st day of kindy. It is pretty blurry cause it was taken on our old digital camera, but cute nonetheless as she chats about making new friends and playing with toys! I can't believe how big she has gotten and how adept she is at school life, she is just a wonderful girl and we are so proud of her!!



2 comments:
Craig is such a bully!!!
Last night we were all watching the video and Darcey says to Craig "you still do that now". It was really funny!
Post a Comment