During the school holidays I was woken up every morning by someone shouting mum, mum, MUM at 7am, maybe 7.10am at the very, and I mean the very latest. Darcey would get Tiarni up and I would hear them together in the kitchen getting some cheerios for breakfast (you may think that this was nice and I could continue to lie in, alas no, the bickering soon begins). Everyone would be bright and bubbly and there was no issue getting ready if we were to go out somewhere. Our mornings were just lovely and relaxing.
Now cut to 3 days ago when school returned. How do I know that school is back? Because everyone sleeps in! There is no jumping out of bed singing about what a beautiful and exciting day it is, there is grunting, groaning, wailing and nashing of teeth... The first day back at school, Tiarni didn't wake up till 8.10am! How is that particular morning any different from any other morning the past 7 weeks? I'll tell you how, it's not!! Darcey moans every morning now about how tired she is and I have to constantly check what she is doing cause I will look into her room and she is sitting on her bed in her knickers staring at the ground, I ask her what she is doing and the reply comes "I'm tiirrrreeeeddddddddd..." or I catch her watching herself in the bathroom making funny faces or kissing the mirror with vasaline on her lips when she is supposed to be brushing her teeth... But the funny thing is, she is going to bed earlier than during the holidays and there is no TV on school mornings but it is taking us HOURS longer to get ready...
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from Geoffrey Chaucer
No comments:
Post a Comment