Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sunday Musings

Well another week is down and another one about to begin. Less than 3 weeks left of school! Yay! 5 weeks of not having to have everyone ready and out the door by 8.30am. Although I find on school holidays everyone seems to get up extra early and be really motivated to do stuff, I have yet to figure out why. But oh well, I am excited that I might get to sleep in till 8am (I know it is a HUGE long shot, but I can dream, right?). I can't believe though that my baby is going to be in Year 3 next year and will be getting baptised! It just goes sooo fast, the scarier thing is, she can't wait to grow up! (plus I'm going to be 30, but that is an entirely different discussion!)

We had a nice day today. Nursery went really well - we tried gluing! And it actually was fantastic, plus we only had 10 kids and there were a few parents in there with grizzly kids who helped.

We took new pictures of the kids in nursery today for our wall chart. This is one of Tiarni (who was especially clingy today) on my lap. I love profile shots, they are my favourite!


Photobucket

Craig was able to stay in a little longer with Tiarni today while we did singing time with our apple tree, she doesn't like it when the other kids want cuddles but since he has been EQ pres, it is a bit harder cause I know that he can't come and get her if she gets cranky... but it's really not that bad, the girl who was in there before me had 3 girls under 3, the 2 youngest (one a baby) in nursery with her and her husband is the bishop! No chance of a reprive there!

This afternoon, we just pottered around. I had been hankering for some time on making this kind of ice-creamy dessert thing with biscuits which I hadn't eaten since Darcey was a toddler. But for the life of me I haven't been able to remember how to do it. So I winged it. I just had some of those lattice biscuits which I layered in the bottom of a dish, then I beat some cream, condensed milk and vanilla extract and then beat up some handmade honeycomb (yes you read right, I didn't have any and since I'm not eating chocolate, I made some honeycomb. It was DEAD easy and tasted soooo yummy and it can be made from food storage!! Even better!)

Here is the honeycomb


Photobucket

Darcey crushing it up

Photobucket

Finished product, yummy!

Photobucket

Craig has spent the last 2 days going through all of his memory boxes in the shed (yes there were BOXES!). I think that he had kept most of the things that he got when he was child/teenager and stashed them away. I am so proud of him though, he went through them and actually got rid of stuff! (cough.. horder cough..) This is a pic of him surrounded with all the stuff he had pulled out and was going through...

Photobucket

Tiarni was playing in the backyard but she had woken up cranky and refused to look at the camera, it was really bizarre, no cheesey face today!

Photobucket

Hmmm this ball tastes good

Photobucket

Darcey also learn't the other day how to blow bubbles with bubble gum, she is stoked! She has been trying for years to get it and now she is a pro!

Photobucket

Then we played Risk tonight with Uncle Burper who came around for dinner. Craig absolutely hammered us, he almost had South America and Africa from his intial cards and we just couldn't touch him after that, so he is feeling pretty chuffed...

Photobucket

5 comments:

Bryan, Amy, Michael, Tyler, Emily and Benjamin said...

What is it about these brothers that they have such a hard time throwing things out? Bryan is the same and from Ruth's (or Natasha's?) comments awhile ago about Ruth cleaning their house out and Damien not wanting to know what she got rid of..... There must be some psychological issues here....

Keekies said...

I'm not too sure what it is, but I would love to know how to stop it! haha We are slowly getting there though, Craig is getting better... I can't watch him go through stuff though, the comments just come out "sorry why are you keeping that again?"

Does Bryan have boxes of stuff from when he was young? I just have one and it's not that big...

Sarah said...

I think it comes from playing to many games, where you need the most stuff to win!

I had about 4-5 broken cameras that craig gave me when I was little (such a kind brother letting me help him clean his room) but I got rid of all but one.

Anne said...

Perhaps Craig and I could have an Harrassed Hoarder's Club.

Anonymous said...

Ian here I look super sexy here.