Friday, November 28, 2008

The Twilight Saga (or now The Kirsty Saga)

Photobucket

Well I must admit I have been talking alot about these books, so if you have heard enough feel free to skip this post!

While I was in Sydney last week my new 'going away' Jane Austen book didn't last long with no children around to distract me, so we stepped into Dymocks so I could get something else and I saw the Twilight book there by Stephanie Meyer. Now typically (unlike the rest of my family), I am not into science fiction or fantasy books so I haven't been interested in reading these books, even with all the hype there has been about them. I was curiously interested as Meyer is a Mormon, so I thought I would give them a shot (and as I coulnd't find anything else in the shop that interested me). The girl in Dymocks told me that people who normally don't like these types of books are buying it, reading it in 2 days, then coming back to buy the next book.

Well I became one of those people! I don't think I have ever read a book that has kept me so engrossed and on the edge of my seat - they are addictive! I then proceeded to finish the book in 2 days, buy the next 3 books at the airport before I caught the plane home and in the end have them all read in 6 days! They are fantastic, some of the most well written books I think I have come across and such a wonderful love story ahhhhhh Now I just have to wait until the 11th December when the movie opens here. They do have 2 special screenings of it next week but my babysitters (my mum and my aunt) are in Tasmania until next week... I only wish that Craig was a reader so that he could obsess over them with me! Although he has agreed to come to the movie with me, so hopefully I can catch him that way...

The other problem I have is that I want to read them again. As soon as I had finished the last book all I wanted to do was read the first one again (hence the saga), hmmm maybe there is a support group I can find...

3 comments:

Bryan, Amy, Michael, Tyler, Emily and Benjamin said...

There is a support group in Karratha at church!!! A couple of women were talking about them and telling me I HAD to read them. Our Young Women couldn't shut up about them, they have read them all. I am now in possession of one of the books (Don't think it's twilight though - i think it's one that's not part of the series, but by the same author). When the sisters were telling me about the book, and then when I read the blurb I thought... I don't know... but we'll see!! I'll let you know how I go :)

Keekies said...

I might just have to come to your ward then! I am fast running short of ears here...

There is another one by her called The Host - which I think is a new series of books she is starting about aliens I think? You definetley have to read them, but make sure you start with Twilight. I keep talking about them to people too (and it's only been a week!) and you will soon see after you have read them... I have the problem though of talking about them so much people want to borrow them - but I don't want to lend them cause I want to read them again!

Look forward to hearing your review on the book, gorgeous vampires I can handle but aliens?

Keekies said...

I succumbed today and bought The Host... ahhhhh