Monday, September 1, 2008

Food, Food Everywhere

For those of you who don't know, we are currently building in our formal dining room into a walk-in cupboard, yay! I have always wanted a big pantry!!

Our food storage was becoming a bit of a problem, as in taking over many areas of our house, so we decided we had to get organised. We didn't really want to build in that room, eventually it was supposed to be our study, but I guess we came to the conclusion of what good will a study be if we have no food! So we are in the throws of builders etc coming in and out to try and get the job done.

But we are really enjoying getting our food storage and I would anticipate (hopefully!) having it finished quite soon. So anyway here are some before and during pics...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So when the builder came last week to do a final measurement he told us 2-3 weeks the trusses would be ready, so we had planned on pulling the computer out of the study to trial how we liked it in the family area and then moving all the food that had been in the front room to our study. So then last Wednesday lunch time the builder rings and says the trusses will be ready tomorrow, can we come then? HAHA So we had not a lot of time to move (for anyone who had seen, the room was chock-a-block with food), plus I had my TAFE cake decorating class on that night, so I would be out for 4 hours... So where did we shove, I mean nicely place all that food?

Photobucket

The front living room, YAY! But it will all be finished soon and we are really excited!

No comments: