It has been a busy week although I don't know that there is too much of interest to report...
1. Darcey had her speech night for PEAC last week. All of the students had to pick a topic that they felt passionate about and then for the last 4 weeks work on a speech to 'change the world'. The course they have been doing this term is called Dare to Lead. Darcey spoke on cruelty to children. We and grandma went down at night to watch her present it, she did really well and got master of speeches in all but 2 areas.
2. On Saturday I went to a baby shower for one of my closest friends. She lives in Mandurah (1 hour away). It was great to go and see her and her gorgeous little belly! Very excited for her and her hubby!!
3. Craig and I got to go on a date night last Saturday night. We went out with our friends Louisa and Isaiah to dinner at Box 3 then to La Preimere to watch The Hunger Games. Isaiah and I had both read the hunger games books and loved them. The movie was enjoyable but the surprise was that Craig loved it! He came home and went online to see when the next movie is coming out, then read the blurbs on the back of the next 2 books to see what might happen in next movies.
4. Tiarni and I were home sick on Sunday from church.
5. I got to go out with the missionaries on Tuesday while they taught a lesson to 3 kids they are teaching. I haven't done that since I was a teenager and it was great. The kids were awesome! Another good thing, Alexander was so good when we were there and loved the attention.
6. It has been predicted that it would rain this week. It had briefly showered a few times this week but nothing too heavy. On Wednesday I stepped outside to walk down to school, looked around and thought yep it looks alright. On a side note, for some reason if it is going to rain, it always rains right at school pick-up time. It is so strange, and over the years my theory has been proven again and again and again... Anyway I head down the road, turn the corner look up at the sky there and knew that it was going to rain. I had brought no raincoats, umbrellas, pram covers nada, and there was no time to go back or else I would be late for school. So I said a pleading prayer that it would hold off till we got home (plus I was wearing a white t-shirt hah). Got to school, no sign of rain. Waiting outside of Tiarni's classroom and it starts to spit. I am thinking quick, please be quick. Of course today no one is quick. Darcey is even 5 minutes later than normal. But the time we start walking it is raining. By the time we get past the school it is pouring. Alexander and Tiarni are loving it. Darcey is at that stage where she doesn't love anything. By the time we got home we are drenched. Two will look back fondly on getting to walk home in the rain (hopefully, Darcey doesn't remember it from when she was young), one will be annoyed that not only did she have to walk in the rain in front of everyone but also had to listen to her mum 'Singing in the rain'.
7. The Easter Bunny came to Tiarni's classroom yesterday and left some eggs in her basket she had made. She was very impressed with that sneaky easter bunny.
8. It is HOLIDAYS! I love holidays. It is 11.15 and I am still in my pj's!
No comments:
Post a Comment