Doesn't quite have the same ring as Friday, does it?
We had a really busy week last week, but it was a good busy.
1. We had our Stake's Primary Talent Show on the Saturday 3rd March. Our ward did a skit and Darcey and her friend Raheera sang Viva La Vida by Coldplay, it was great and they enjoyed preparing for it (it was a song they learnt in their school choir last year). Our skit was pretty insane cause we just have so many kids and lots didn't end up coming to the practices, but it was good fun. We danced to Topsy Turvy from the Hunchback of Notre Dame.
2. We were able to catch up with Bryan and Amy and their family on that same Saturday night for Emily's baby blessing party. Then we were able on Sunday to go to Ballajura ward to be there for the blessing. It was nice to see them again and meet their cute little baby.
3. Because March is so insanely busy we decided to have our family birthday party on Monday 5th which was a public holiday here. Ever since I was a kid I have always wanted to have a pool party for my birthday, but always by the time my bday came around in March it was always too cold to swim, well now with our weather all over the place it is hot as (last weekend was 39!). So we had a pool party and bbq! YAY! It was so much fun, hopefully we can do it next year again. Can cross that off my bucket list now.
4. Craigs parents were here visiting for the baby blessing. It was nice to catch up with them and go to Sizzlers twice, yep, twice in one week. Kids were happy. No cooking in the heat, I was happy!
5. Craig was in Sydney for a few days. Nope, this isn't a favourite because he wasn't here. It's a favourite because he came home just before their terrential downpour of rain when there was flooding and planes were grounded. Glad he came home literally right before it got really bad.
6. We have had a few visitors from church here the past few weeks. Last Thursday night we had a regional All Women's Fireside at our chapel with the General Sunday School President, Brother Osguthorpe and his wife and Elder Watson, 2nd counsillor in the Pacific Area Presidency and his wife. It was amazing! I loved listening to their stories and feeling of their love for our church leaders. Elder Watson was secretary to the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve for 38 years and 7 Presidents! On Sunday the Osguthorpe's visited our ward. Imagine my panic when I head down the primary to find my Stake President and Sister Osguthorpe there, she wanted to visit primary! She is a lovely lady and it was nice to meet her, although what I was really glad about was that our junior primary were fantastic! They are normally either really good or really feral, and we never know which it is going to be, but with so many in attendance they were great. She didn't stay for seniors as they had combined RS/Priesthood but they were great too.
7. On Friday Alexander had a play date at his friend Jaiyden's house. They like playing together. I like catching up with Michelle. Win win.
8. Mum had her open house on Saturday, it was nice to see some of the ladies she works with again, a few of them have been around since I had Darcey, almost 11 years ago!
9. I got a really bad case of gastro on Sunday night, with Craig following early Monday morning. It was a horrible one! We were both entirely wiped out yesterday as in we could hardly move. So grateful mum was on her last day of holidays and took and picked up the girls from school, even doing my PEAC run. This is a favourite because it made us really grateful that it was only a short illness and we don't have to deal with pains like this all the time like so many do, and also that at this point the kids haven't got it.
10. My lovely husband is taking time off in May while I go to Queensland to visit my good friend Cass for 5 days ALL BY MYSELF! Tickets are booked now. It will be hard but I am sure that I will be able to manage (Craig on the other hand... haha). Wet and Wild here we come!
11. Today is Tiarni's 5th birthday, yay! Will post about this later though.
12. Well I think that number 12 should be that I had 11 favourite things about the last week and a bit, that's awesome!!
No comments:
Post a Comment