Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy 30th Birthday... To Me!!!

Well so it finally came. After dreading this day since I turned 25, I am now 30 years old... and how does it feel? Good actually! Although I have not yet had to answer to anyone the 'How old are you question?'...

I have found the lead up to my birthday quite a reflective time really, I don't know if is has just been my frame of mind or if it is something that happens to everyone when they reach a new decade as they get older. When talking to people who have already turned 30, I have been told it is quite a liberating thing and I guess I would have to say that they are right... although I don't really know how or why, but I feel very content with myself and my life so far. Maybe an acceptance of sorts? But I feel good and I have enjoyed thinking about what I have accomplished in my life and how happy I am, I am really looking forward to the next 10 years! (I am trying not to dread 40 yet though haha)

So in going through my pictures to put up for my 30th, there are a few, but hey it is my 30th and it is my blog so I thought why not put up all the ones I want to?

In Tasmania, 2 years old

Photobucket

3 years old

Photobucket

How cool am I?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Loved that Hang 10 dress

Photobucket

She-Ra bag from Royal Show

Photobucket

Ballet exam

Photobucket

About 10

Photobucket

15, Oh no, natural hair colour, be gone evil one...

Photobucket

Ahhh, there we go...

Photobucket

16, Gold & Green Ball
Photobucket

Remember those Country Road Adverts, very cool when I was younger... Here my friend Cassie and I are copying one...

Photobucket

21, There is my favourite jumper ever, I still can't bear to part with it, even though I know I will never fit into it again haha

Photobucket

Wedding Day 2004

Photobucket

2006
2007

Photobucket

2008

Photobucket

Yay! My bday... presents!

Photobucket

My bday present to myself, had to wait for months!

Photobucket

Got a brand spanking new clarinet, it is so nice! I like the lovely velvety inside of the case almost as much as the clarinet! The girls also got me a cute welcome sign with some budgies on it and some homemade soap, Craig got some beautiful flowers too, I was so spoilt!

Photobucket

Yep, no cooking a cake for myself on my birthday, hello cheesecake shop!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Cassandra Edwards said...

Are you learning to play the clarinet? Wow that so cool! Happy Belated Birthday my wonderful friend! luv ya heaps! You truly are a special person! :)