Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Hmmm, What's That Smell?

...Darcey learning how to cook!

Darcey has always been interested in cooking and always wants to help, so we decided that it was time that she should just start actually learning how to cook some nice simple recipes. This is the first recipe she has made all on her own! I am going to try and teach her how to cook something on the weekends that she is home with us. Last weekend we ran out of time so tonight we cooked the mini quiches that we had been planning on making. Darcey did so well and I am so proud of her!

Cracking eggs

Photobucket

Beating the eggs

Photobucket

Adding the ham and cheese

Photobucket

Some spices

Photobucket

Cutting the pastry rounds

Photobucket

Photobucket

And the finished product, they were delicious! Well done Darcey!!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Sarah said...

She isn't really getting older is she?? She is such a good girl! Chef in the making!

Bryan, Amy, Michael, Tyler, Emily and Benjamin said...

Two comments - You guys need new beaters!!!! Those things are ancient!!

That plate Darcey is holidng... it looks like there are a few missing.... they must have been good!

Keekies said...

The funny thing is those beaters are brand new!! I bought them for our food storage, in case there is no electricity. We never had ones like that as kids - they are heaps of fun to use (I even use them over normal beaters!) and much easier for Darcey... haha And to comment on how many were on the plate - lets just say there is none left now!

Yes Darcey is a chef in the making, she wants to be! I don't mind, maybe I can eventually get a night off!!

Anonymous said...

We had those beaters when I was a kid. My mum used to get us to beat the chocolate mousse with them for when the missionaries would come over. It would take us ages. We would all take turns, well at least 5 of us would, as we watch the TV. Before you all think I must be ancient, there were electric beaters around my parents just hadn't bought one. It took us a long time to convince them to get one.

The Good LookingVan Den Berks Blog said...

Wow that is great that Darcey is helping with the cooking Ruth loves to help cook and clean( yes thats right clean)When she gets older Im going to do what you do have a day where Ruthie gets too cook she is always wanting to hepl with dinner.Next week she has a class party so I was going to make her cook some muffins to take so she can say she made them :P
I guess those beaters are good if u wanna loose some arm fat hehehehe