Yesterday we had an interesting experience on our way home from the shops in peak hour traffic. We were coming up to a large round-about that intersects with our street. It is a 4 lane roundabout, and after 5pm can get very busy. The round-about itself isn't too large and it is quite a hard turn right to get onto our street (I usually ride up the curb :)
Anyway we were coming up to it and I was in the inside lane, turning right. A km or so before it, Tiarni says "We are going to crash" just out of nowhere (she had previously been just sucking her thumb as she was tired and Darcey and I had been chatting). And I was like "no, were not going to crash" and again she says "Yes, we are going to crash". So anyway not that I normally take everything that she says to heart but the way she had said it actually made me slow down. As I was going around the round-about very slowly, in the 2 lanes in the opposite direction to me I couldn't see past the huge 4 wheel drive on the inside lane. As I am about to accelerate out of the corner this commodore comes tearing out from the outside lane and didn't even stop! As I was going so slow I was able to just touch my brakes and come to a complete stop as the car must have just missed me (I would not like to have seen how close he skimmed past my car), and he was going so fast! At least 40k's, if not 50 I would assume.
How is that??? If I had not gone that slow the car would have not only hit us but it would have hit us right where Tiarni is. I was really calm (not like normal where your heart is thumping etc) but got quite ticked off as the guy nodded at me and waved, in a really smug way (well that was how I took it haha). Isn't it amazing the things out of the mouth of babes?
2 comments:
Wow, that is amazing. Really teaches you a thing or two about kids and the Spirit!
Wow. I am so glad that nothing happened to you! .. Thank you Tiarni! ..
Just wow.
Post a Comment