Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I Love My Apple Slinky Machine!

Last year at Darcey's school the canteen bought an apple slinky machine and were met with great success. After a while though with so many students at the school and a lack of helpers, they don't get to have it done very often anymore as it takes all of someone's time during recess and lunch to operate it (FYI in case you don't know an apple slinky machine peels an apple, cores it and turns it into a slinky, very cool!).

Anyway a while ago my friend Crystal told me that they had them on sale for $20. I went and got one since Darcey is such a huge fan and she has loved having one every day. Tiarni still prefers to have her apples the normal way, if she is really hungry you have to watch her cause she will eat all of it bar the pips, yuk!

So the girls both love homemade apple stew (Really though who doesn't? We grew up on it at granny's house), and this year I had been quite slack and just using the jar stuff, but when we started going through a jar everytime they had some, I thought it was getting a bit pricey. So I bought a huge bag of green apples with the intent to stew them. It sat on my counter for a few days while I waited to have the time to peel and core a huge amount of apples. I finally found some time last Sunday morning and as I was about to get started remembered that I had the slinky machine. Well, it took me all of 15 minutes to peel and core ALL of the apples! How awesome is that?!? And the even better side is after you have put it through the machine you just cut it in half and you have beautiful looking apples, there is no way I could have cut them and make them look that good. Granny would have loved it!!

Brings a tear to my eye...

Photobucket

And the finished product, and how long do you think it would last? That is my biggest stockpot that I have... Well it is close to being gone and it has only been 4 days!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Yay for apple machines! .. All I need is a pumpkin machine. Those things are so hard to cut!

Love you all!

Anne said...

I bought Granny one from the US and she only used it a couple of times saying it was easier just to hand peel them!!!

Anonymous said...

my kids love their apple slinky machine I think its great I even like having an apple on there it makes things so much easier
from Ruth
(cant be bothered logging in :P)