Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Terrific Tuesdays Tantalizing Titbits

We have had a quiet few weeks, Craig had 2.5 weeks off but went back to work last Wednesday. We just bummed about the place, did lots of swimming with this crazy heat wave, I am so ready for winter! It has just been too hot to do much of anything, even letting the girls go outside to play was a no-no. We did go out for 2 family activities after Christmas, the first one was ~

Photobucket

with movie tickets that Uncle Conor and Aunty Karien gave us as part of our presents. It is, as is all of the High School Musical movies, good family fun. As one of the mums as school put it, 'it's modern day Grease'. It was pretty enjoyable and nice to see it on the big screen. Darcey had a ball, giggling throughout the movie. She loves HSM (yeah I am with all the lingo now haha), even a little more at the moment than good old Hannah Montana. I have been trying to not go too overboard with HM, trying to not let her get too attached/obssessed with just one thing. Tiarni was really funny in the movies, she hadn't had movie popcorn before (she had only tried normal stuff about a week before this and it was only about 5 pieces) and she loved it! She sat beside Darcey with the popcorn in between them and her hand didn't come out of the bucket! She would lift up her hand to the rim of the container, shove the popcorn in her mouth, then her hand would sit in the bucket until the next time she wanted some. And this was all without taking her eyes off the screen, it was really funny to watch!

The other activity we did was going to the Maritime Muesem in Fremantle. I hadn't been there since I was a kid and it is all new and renovated now, it was really cool! And for an extra $3 on top of a family ticket, we got a yearly pass! Then afterwards we were off to Sizzlers for dinner, yum!

A rowing machine

Photobucket

A winching machine


Photobucket

Photobucket

Sadly I must say I don't think that there is too much else to tell! Business as usual for us lately, watching lots of movies from the video store, sleeping in - YEAH RIGHT! Why do kids always get up earlier on school holidays?? And swimming, although I have had bronchitis this past week so unfortunetely the girls haven't been able to go cause I can't, hopefully in the next few days I will be all better. Although Darcey has had vacation swimming every morning for the past week and a half at Thornlie pools, so she has got to do some swimming.

My Grampa Barr passed away last Friday too but I will do a separate post for him when I get some pictures from mums. I now no longer have any living grandparents. I was hoping that my grampa would last till he was 100 (he was 92) so I would maybe have a chance of seeing him again and the girls meeting him but I guess we will some day. There won't be a funeral, he is being cremated then sent back to North Dakota to be buried beside my Grandma in the family cemetery although he won't be able to be buried till spring when the ground thaws.

6 comments:

Anne said...

When I took mum and dad there there was a gang plank and a ring -I don't know what those things are called ... but it was from the Fairstar and that's the ship we came to Australia on. Sadly we didn't have a camera. There was also a model of a ship that dad had been on with his father in Ireland. So it was a great day. I love the Maritime Museum...It would be a great place to live, but they probably wouldn't like that ...

Bryan, Amy, Michael, Tyler, Emily and Benjamin said...

Hey Kirsty, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grampa. Where did he live? Obviously not close enough that you could visit... At least you know you will get to see him again one day!

I've missed your lack of blogging (and everyone else's!)... though I've not been much better either!

Tammy said...

What a nice little adventure for your Grampa. I hope it all goes well. Hope you're doing ok with this news.

I've also missed everyones lack of blogging. I go on and read everything during my breaks at work. I enjoy hearing from everyone.

Love you all!

Keekies said...

Haha No I don't think they would like you to live there Anne! Unless you were a security guard, but then I would be worried about a Night at the Musuem moment!!

My grampa was living in Nevada near my Uncle Bob but he was orginally from North Dakota.

I know! Everytime I get on here I can't believe it has been so long since the last time I was on here, I miss everyone posting too!

The Good LookingVan Den Berks Blog said...

I want sizzler thats sooo teasing a pregnant lady who has craved sizzler most of her prengnacy lol Ruth is a fan of HSM as well Has darcey ever seen H20 Ruth loves that show aswell its about girls that turn into mermaids everytime the touch water and its made in the gold coast

Keekies said...

Yeah Darcey loves H2O as well. I don't think it is on tv anymore though. She hires it from the video store every now and then...