Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday's Sizzling Soiree of Sentances

We have had another great week, it is so nice and relaxing being on school holidays and it's a shame there is only 1 more week to go!

Photobucket

Last Monday Darcey caught the train into the city with my mum and saw the movie Bolt. Darcey was really impressed that Miley Cyrus was the voice of the little girl Penny. There is only 1 cinema left in the actual city of Perth which is a shame, back when I was younger (oh it seems like so long ago), it was a big thing to go into the city to see a movie. Now there are cinemas at most major shopping centres! Anyways back from my ramble about ye good olde days, Darcey had a nice day out and got spoiled as per usual, she came home with some very funky bratz sunglasses (yes only grandparents seem to be able to over-rule a rule haha), some bubble gum and watermelon body spray.

Tuesday was a nice day at home.

On Wednesday, I had an old friend Julia come around for lunch. When I was 19 I worked with her at KFC and we got along like a house on fire as the saying goes. We were both full-time and she had only very recently moved from the country. We decided that I would move in with her into a little duplex in Carlisle she was already living in. We lived together for a little less than a year and we didn't really end on good terms. The last time I saw her was when she came to visit me after I had Darcey. Every now and then as it happens, someone pops into your mind whom you used to know. In this case I had a dream about her, and the next day when I was on facebook I decided to do a search for her and low and behold there she was. I sent her a message and a week and a bit later we were catching up. We had a FANTASTIC time and it was so nice to catch up after all these years when we are both a little wiser and have had many more and varied life experiences. She has a gorgeous little boy Jack now who is 6 months old, and we are looking forward to seeing each other again soon! I am bummed I didn't think to get a picture with her when she was here, but there will be next time!!

Wednesday night I went to the movies with Aimi and her niece Alexandra and we saw Bride Wars. I really enjoyed it!! Then we had yummy gelare afterwards, mmmm honey malt crunch...

Thursday was another quiet day (can you see a pattern here? haha).

Photobucket

On Friday Darcey, Tiarni, myself and Darcey's friend Parkah went to the zoo. It was Tiarni's first time at the zoo and she loved looking at all the animals, although she wasn't too keen on the snakes or the nocturnal animals, I kept feeling little shivers run down her back when she spotted what the other girls were looking at. We got to the zoo early which was good as it got really hot late in the afternoon, we had a lovely picnic lunch and ice-cream and anything else the girls could get there hands on, and left at 2.30pm. Tiarni went to sleep in the car and slept at home till 5.30pm, yeah! Parkah came back to our house and the girls played dress-up, danced to music (I think they were supposed to be making up a dance but they couldn't agree on what to do) and played hyper-dash and in the sandpit outside. Parkah is a great kid and it is a shame that she will be moving out to Kalgoorlie with her family at the end of Term 1 for 2 years. Her dad is a forensic cop and has a posting out there. The girls get along really well and Darcey is already upset about her leaving, but hopefully they can be pen-pals until Parkah comes back.

I love these old turtles

Photobucket

Darcey and Parkah on a turtle

Photobucket

Tiarni trying to get onto a turtle

Photobucket

On the playground

Photobucket

On the merry-go-round

Photobucket

This was taken after the merry-go-round, the girls took so many pictures of things and each other. There were many heads and limbs cut-off but this one of myself and Tiarni seemed to have survived ok...

Photobucket

A nice one that survived of Darcey. During the summer holidays they have all these African adventure activities for the kids. Parkah's mum Leah has a friend who works at the zoo, so she knew about the African braiding they were doing. For a gold coin donation (thanks Leah!), Betty from Ghana braids your hair with some bright colour. Both the girls picked a dark pink colour. You can see it pretty well in this picture. I had wanted to do one for Tiarni but I don't think she would have sat still for long enough.

Photobucket

Too cool!

Photobucket

Aren't these trees cool? I wish that I could climb them... I would love to have one of these in my backyard! (Although maybe not near the pool!)

Photobucket

There were these footprints everywhere along the different tracks. Tiarni wouldn't get off from these ones and she was singing and dancing along on them...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Today we went out to the Swan Valley to check out this fruit tree place. We already have a Pinkabelle and a Lots-O-Lemons in wine barrels out near our pool but are wanting to get some more to help us become a bit more self-sufficient (plus we spend a small fortune on fruit!!). We didn't get anything today as most of the trees we wanted he won't get till June/July, but it gives us a bit of time to prepare. We are thinking about pulling out all the trees and conifers from around the pool and planting some full-size trees in there. We are looking at getting another red apple tree, a granny smith apple tree (for cooking and Darcey loves them!), apricot tree, mandarin tree, nectarine/peach tree and I would love an almond tree (still working on that one heehee). It is so exciting!

We also found when we were out in the Swan Valley, that all the wineries sell fruit really cheap and it is beautiful and fresh! We got some of the most beautiful grapes I have ever eaten for $5 per k/g (I paid $13 a k/g in coles on Thursday), a kilo apricots for $4 ($20 a k/g in coles) and we also got a rockmelon. We only had about $12 in cash otherwise we would have got a lot more! We are planning on going back out regularly to get some of the beautiful fruit. Yummy!!

So that is about it for our week, we are looking foward to a yummy bbq on Monday at my mum's house and hopefully a swim if it is hot enough, this weather is all over the place! Then Craig and Darcey will probably sit on the roof and watch the Australia Day fireworks. Till next time amigos, adios!

1 comment:

The Good LookingVan Den Berks Blog said...

Nanna took Ruth and Juliet to see Bolt too Ruth loved it.