Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Queensland (I should have done it like Amy) Part 3

So here were are now at Thursday 9th October. Darcey had a personal list of 2 things that she wanted to do on the holiday (In a FHE we all wrote a list after looking through brochures of what we each wanted to do on our holiday. Then we worked through the process of elimination, whichever got the most votes we did, it worked really well), get a hair wrap and do a surfing lesson. So on this Thursday morning we went to go surfing.


The one school that we went to you could either go to the beach or they used the wave pool at Whitewater World. We didn't want to go to the beach as Darcey loves the concept of it but she is still building her confidence in water. So were unsure on what to do as to go to Whitewater World we all had to pay entry to get in and then you were allowed to stay, but we didn't want to stay. Apparently they had only just changed to that policy. Our lucky break was that there was a TV crew coming to film the school for what they told us was Getaway and they wanted as many people there as possible, so they would allow us to come and not pay entry (which would have been $42.00 each just for sitting there for 2 hours). Craig also ended up doing the lesson.


They had a great time. It took Darcey a little while and a bit of coaching but they were both fantastic by the end of it. Craig really enjoyed it too, it didn't take him long to pick it up at all! The surf school's motto is 'stand up or your money back'. We were really proud of Darcey and how well she did, she really overcame her fear of the waves and stood up for ages! The surf school provides you with a usb with pictures, but on the day is was taking a long time to load so we are still waiting for it in the post. I will post some videos too when the pictures come.


The TV crew we are unsure if they were from Getaway or Queenslands local tourism show, which is where Craig seemed to think they were from. I need to find out so we can find out what is happening with that, it would be cool if they got on TV!


So then we went to the apartment for lunch and Tiarni's sleep. One of the things I had really wanted to do on this holiday was the antique pictures that you can get done in Queensland, so Craig humoured me and we got some. He really liked them in the end and we even ended up getting a couple more because of him! It was lots of fun, the dress I wore even had the big hoops underneath - it was really hard to sit down. I was worried about the mismatched colours of the clothes (if you could have seen what the colours were, you would have laughed) but in the pictures they look fantastic. The only problem was Tiarni was cranky, we ended up only getting one really good picture with her. She wouldn't sit in between Craig and myself, then there were too many things around (like umbrellas, books and lots of prop stuff) so she wouldn't sit beside Darcey. Darcey was a natural though, she took the 'serious' look to a whole new level. We didn't get any of the smiling ones, it didn't really seem to suit the type of pictures they were.


The pictures didn't scan too great but it's late and I'm not doing them again! You get the idea anyways...


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Next we went to King Tutts Putt Putt. Every holiday we play mini golf and always have a great time. Myself personally am not so good but I still love it.


Photobucket


This place was great, possibly one of the best decorated ones I have been to, you could choose between Jurassic Putt or Egyptian Putt, we chose the dinosaurs.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Where is Tiarni? She found a good spot to play

Photobucket

Yes, she is in there

Photobucket

Photobucket


And yes of course we now have the hole-in-ones

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Yay! It's Friday, almost there. This is the part of the trip I didn't get to write much down for, so it is a struggle to remember...

On Friday we went going down to Tweed Heads to Nanna and Grandads again. We were going to go to a really nice restraurant - Danny's at the golf club.

Photobucket

On the way we stopped at the Superbee Honey Factory. We got there just in time for the little bee show. Tiarni had gone to sleep in the car so Craig decided to sit with her so she could keep sleeping, so Darcey and I went to the show. It was actually really interesting, I didn't know that bees were such facinating little creatures who played such a huge role in our lives. And I didn't know that they are being wiped out all across the world (makes me glad I have just put in my order for pure honey for my food storage!). Australia is actually shipping bees out to other countries to try and keep plants re-pollenating. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that you can't bring any honey, and I mean not one single type into WA.

I had forgotten to take my camera into the 1/2 hour presentation but the guy was nice and let us go back in and take a couple of pics of the bees behind the glass.

Photobucket

Next stop, Nanna and Grandads. This time we forgot about the time difference. We were supposed to pick them up so we could get there for 12pm when the buffet opens, so we thought we were making perfect time, even being really early, when in fact it was already 12.15pm! So Craig dropped us off at the club and went to pick them up. We had a lovely lunch, it was a delicious buffet! And really reasonably priced too, I can see why it was so popular. Then we went back to Nanna and Grandads house for a while and chatted. It was so nice being able to go and visit with them and feel so at home, definetely a huge highlight of our trip! Thanks Nanna and Grandad!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was our car. Actually the second car we had of the same type. The first Toyota Camry Altise we had had ants in it! We noticed a couple on the dash when we picked it up but then we left food in the car and it ended up covered (bakers delight too!!). They were coming out of the gear stick. So we sprayed and they seemed to disappear. Thought it was a bit strange, then a couple days later they were all over the back seat. So we returned the car and got another one, much better this time!

Photobucket

We also seemed to come across tunnels alot. So here is one of the pictures. Craig always wanted a picture of them. This was when we were trying to find a sign saying we were leaving NSW and entering Qld. It's really funny there really isn't anything of note. Only one sign saying a few fruits you can't bring into Qld and that was about it.

Photobucket

Well I think that is about it for 1 day hey! I am tired of being on here now but am glad that a few more days are down! Only 4 more to go!!

No comments: